Waitlist Follow-up Letter

I received my waitlist notification from UConn last week. After that weak ray of sunshine in the midst of rejections, I couldn't decide what to do with that e-mail. Do I reply? Long or short message? Or let it sit and pray that the kinetic energy takes me into an acceptance?

I left it alone for a few days and then came across this website: http://www.vault.com/nr/newsmain.jsp?nr_page=3&ch_id=407&article_id=19581984&cat_id=2731 Essentially, the advice is to reply to a waitlist notification (from a school you really want to go to) with a succinct but unambiguous letter telling the program 1. thanks for consideration 2. you still want in 3. advances made since your application 4. exactly why you want in.

I composed and sent an e-mail based on these suggestions, and I already feel a little closer to acceptance. I hope this advice helps those stuck in waitlist purgatory!

Essentially, the advice is to reply to a waitlist notification (from a school you really want to go to) with a succinct but unambiguous letter telling the program 1. thanks for consideration 2. you still want in 3. advances made since your application 4. exactly why you want in.

I composed and sent an e-mail based on these suggestions, and I already feel a little closer to acceptance. I hope this advice helps those stuck in waitlist purgatory!

Good stuff. Like the assertiveness. Thanks for the post.