Possible Fellowships/Scholarships for Business PhD's?

DrAcct

Hello all,

I figured I'd poll the collective wisdom of those who've gone before me.

I've noticed numerous opportunities for non-professional program PhD students/candidates to apply for funding from various sources.

Is there anything like that for business PhD's (more specifically, accounting PhD)?

Thanks.

I'd be amazed if there were more than a handful. Business school is a business, and the trade off for a potentially lucrative career is that students are expected to invest up front. Individual schools may have competetive scholarships or partial tuition waivers, but unless you belong to a special interest group (with a dedicated society and fundraisers that prioritize funding professional programs...the criteria go on) there are likely very few nationwide fellowships or scholarships. In fact, I doubt there any fellowships at all (a stipend plus tuition).

On the contrary, I believe most business schools are well funded (MBA programs!) and offer lucrative full tution waivers+stipend to PhD students. Extramural funding on the other hand is (probably) less common in the business PhD programs. Do correct me if I am totally off course here !