University of Kansas (KU)

Anyone headed to KU for Fall 2013?  I was accepted last fall for my Ph.D. in Literature and deferred admission until this year, and I'd like to get to know my future/potential cohort :)

I've seen some rejection notifications go up on the results page, but no acceptances yet.  For what it's worth, last year's first round was notified through e-mail around the 10th of February, so things should get going any day now.

Good luck to everyone who has applied!  Hope to hear from some of you soon!

I'm so glad this thread popped up! I've been lurking for a while but I haven't posted until now. KU is also one of my top two choices and I think at this point I'm leaning a little towards Lawrence. I haven't heard anything either but I've been religiously checking both the website and the history on GC to see when I should expect something. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

I'm so glad this thread popped up! I've been lurking for a while but I haven't posted until now. KU is also one of my top two choices and I think at this point I'm leaning a little towards Lawrence. I haven't heard anything either but I've been religiously checking both the website and the history on GC to see when I should expect something. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Best of luck!  What do you study? 

Best of luck!  What do you study? 

Mostly 20th Century American Lit with some Southern studies flavor thrown in. Faulkner, Hemingway, Updike, O'Connor, Vonnegut, the usuals suspects. And since I'm coming from an MDiv program I definitely always look for ways to add a little religion and literature to the mix! When I looked at the board today and saw a couple of KU English posts up there my heart almost stopped - but then I saw the Creative Writing emphasis and I relaxed again. The wait is definitely getting to me!

I can claim a phd acceptance. Really excited, as it is the first I have heard from any schools. I received an email from the DGS around 5. She mentioned nothing about funding. I wonder if that info will come with the official notification? thoughts? 

Hey All -- I noticed that someone was accepted to KU with GTA and fellowship nomination. First off, Congrats! Second, did that initial email include that information? Have any of you other KU people been offered funding? 

I received more details about funding after talking to the DGS.

I'm just curious, but how many of you have an MA if you were accepted into the PhD program? I'm just wondering if you need to have an MA to be in the PhD program or not.

I only heard about the GTAship. They are still trying to decide how much the stipend will be.

So, have they told you whether you got one? I have not been told yet. I emailed her today.  Maybe they haven't informed most people yet. Are you PHD or MA?

I'm also in at the University of Kansas - received a call from the DGS on Tuesday and was told I had full funding and a small "incentive" fellowship. I couldn't talk for long so I asked if I could email her some questions and she said yes. Still waiting to hear back from her, but I'm sure she's extremely busy. I just have to be patient.

Yesterday the system updated my letter in the ApplyYourself system with a generic acceptance letter. Does anyone know if "official" letters are in the mail with a full outline of the offer? On the phone the DGS told me GTAships were going to be around $14,000 for Fall 2013/Spring 2014, but she said they were still finalizing numbers. 

Also, is there anyone out there who is already in the program? I really want to visit Lawrence, but I was hoping they could at least partially fund a visit if I wanted to check out campus and the town. 

The DGS emailed me last night and said that we should be getting our official letters in the mail in the next few weeks and that the letters online would be very generic. So I am assuming those official letters will outline the offers.