2013 Transportation Engineering Thread

giovanniclean

Hi all,

Just wanted a place where all the Transportation applicants can congregate and discuss the admissions process, funding, acceptances/rejections, etc., etc.

I am a Civil undergrad at Colorado State. GPA 3.41, GRE 154/156/4.0

Applied to: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of California Irvine, University of Southern California, and Villanova.

Hi, I am applying to Transportation too (mostly as a part of Civil).

And I am also interested in University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of California Irvine.

But my profile is very poor and prefer not to publish it here. That way I am not your competitor, I suppose. As far as I am international applicant I consider myself as not strong candidate.

Why you do not apply to Davis and UCLA and Berkeley as a part of Institute of transportation science?

I wish you good luck and hope that we will meet each other on some transport conference soon!

Hi, I am applying to Transportation too (mostly as a part of Civil).

And I am also interested in University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of California Irvine.

But my profile is very poor and prefer not to publish it here. That way I am not your competitor, I suppose. As far as I am international applicant I consider myself as not strong candidate.

Why you do not apply to Davis and UCLA and Berkeley as a part of Institute of transportation science?

I wish you good luck and hope that we will meet each other on some transport conference soon!

I'm sure your profile is superior to mine, like most applicants are. 

I looked into Davis and Berkeley. Berkeley has a lot of research going on that I like. But I believe ITS is much stronger at Irvine than at other UC schools, IMO. 

Also, I have close friends/family near each school that I applied to. That had a large factor in deciding where to apply. I want to make sure I am happy and healthy while going through grad school  :D

Have you applied to Illinois or Irvine, or are you just looking at them?

My research interests focuses on the relationships between optimization of transportation and travel behavior. But I am open for something new. I would like to prolong and extend my research. But it will be interesting for me to add to my work parking problem and Intelligent Transportation Systems!

In UC Irvin I am interested in working under Michael G. McNally or Jean-Daniel Saphores advising.

My research interests focuses on the relationships between optimization of transportation and travel behavior. But I am open for something new. I would like to prolong and extend my research. But it will be interesting for me to add to my work parking problem and Intelligent Transportation Systems!

In UC Irvin I am interested in working under Michael G. McNally or Jean-Daniel Saphores advising.

Very cool. I have met both of them when I went to visit last month. I am interested in public transportation, high speed railway, passenger transportation, traffic operations, traffic flow, and network operations. 

At Irvine, I am interested in working with R. Jayakrishnan or Wen-Long Jin. At UIUC, I am interested in working with M. Rapik Saat, C. Tyler Dick. 

At UIUC, I am interested in working with M. Rapik Saat, C. Tyler Dick. 

Oh, our interests do not cross over.

At UIUC I would like to work with Daniel B. Work, Rahim F. Benekohal or Yanfeng Ouyang.

I so envy you, Would I have possibility to visit university and to talk with professors before applying.

I wish you good luck too. See you at lab!

Have got acceptance from Purdue but Master, not PhD. As dar as funding for Master not so often - it look likes rejection :-(

Congrats! I was accepted for MS at university of Southern California today! No funding!

Congrats! I was accepted for MS at university of Southern California today! No funding!

hm.. I have been accepted to Missuri Un for Ms too. Why Ms?

I applyed to PhD

Something wrong with me and my foriegn diploma...