CIPA 2013

Hey guys.

I thought it might be useful to meet others who are accepted/rejected, and share plans about matriculation, visiting campus, financial aid, etc. Please, list your GRE, GPA, U.S. or international, work experience, when did you apply and received the email. 

Hi! I was accepted in December with really good funding, so I'm thoroughly considering CIPA! I know it sounds cheesy, but I actually really do like the flexible curriculum. I think it really fits my interdisciplinary interests. I'm also perhaps a bit more "academic," so I like the thesis option. I just wish CIPA were more highly regarded, and I'm not 100% sure why it isn't. It seems like a strong program to me? Right now, I'm planning to attend since it's my best offer, but I still have other schools to hear from in March. I may still go there over "better" programs because of the funding, too. So, we'll see, but I do really like the program!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I was accepted in December with really good funding, so I'm thoroughly considering CIPA! I know it sounds cheesy, but I actually really do like the flexible curriculum. I think it really fits my interdisciplinary interests. I'm also perhaps a bit more "academic," so I like the thesis option. I just wish CIPA were more highly regarded, and I'm not 100% sure why it isn't. It seems like a strong program to me? Right now, I'm planning to attend since it's my best offer, but I still have other schools to hear from in March. I may still go there over "better" programs because of the funding, too. So, we'll see, but I do really like the program!

If any of you have questions about Cornell or Ithaca, let me know. I went to undergrad there and am very familiar with both. FYI they are planning to open a school/college of public analysis and management in a few years.

If any of you have questions about Cornell or Ithaca, let me know. I went to undergrad there and am very familiar with both. FYI they are planning to open a school/college of public analysis and management in a few years.

Thanks for this! Do you know about housing options for grad students? Will finding an apartment for 2013-2014 be difficult at this point?

Am I the only one waiting for their decision? I submitted at the end of Dec and was told on Jan that they had too many apps this year and would start to review on Feb. Any clue when they're going to release decisions? I'm desperately anxious...

Edited by King Arthur