Interviewing master applicants

abc78

Hello guys,

This is only out of my curiosity, just wanted to know if the PhD applicants are being interviewed for admission purposes. Or master applicants must also be interviewed? I am indeed applied for MSc and fretting about my status :( as no word is heard yet :(

Depends on the school and the program. Some do, and some don't. You might want to check back on your programs' websites to see what they require or check out the "results search" section of this site to see if anyone else has heard/when people normally hear back.

See if your grad school has an "application requirements" section.  If it doesn't list an interview out-right, it is possible they don't have any.  Only one school where I applied actually has an interview.  Another school said that interviews happen AFTER you are accepted (weird, I think?).  So... it will vary from school to school and even from program to program.  Good luck!! 

Hey,

Does anyone know about the interviewing process at NYU Steinhardt? What kind of questions? I am applying to the masters in visual art administration at NYU and art business at Sotheby's. I know Sotheby's does a slide ID test during the interview. 

Does NYU do the same?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Does anyone know about the interviewing process at NYU Steinhardt? What kind of questions? I am applying to the masters in visual art administration at NYU and art business at Sotheby's. I know Sotheby's does a slide ID test during the interview.

Does NYU do the same?

Thanks!

Hey JulieR,

I have also applied for the MA at NYU. Have you heard back from them yet? We have just entered week 9 since the application deadline and the website says that they respond within approximately 6-8 weeks.

I'm getting a bit nervous. :)