Epidemiology/Environmental Health Doctorate Hopefuls?

mmajum01

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone's heard from the following PhD/ScD programs:

Johns Hopkins (Bloomberg): Environmental Health
Harvard: Epidemiology (Infectious Disease)
Yale: Epidemiology of Microbial Disease

I had an interview with Columbia University's Environmental Health Sciences department on Friday and got an offer from the Mailman School of Public Health yesterday! They attached funding information to the formal letter as well. I'm really excited about the acceptance, needless to say. However, I'm a little unsure about the timeline other schools are following, as I haven't even heard about interviews from anyone else yet. Has anyone else heard anything? I haven't seen much on the results board.

Cheers,
Maia

There aren't too many Environmental Health hopefuls around here, nice to meet you two xD

Yale EMD's interviews invites were sent out on Jan 26-28th last year were set up around Feb 12th. The interview day was for all five disciplines, not just EMD. So I'm not sure what that means for you..Assuming Yale operates on the same schedule each year, it might be bad news, or it might be that Yale is running late. 

No idea about Harvard :P

I'm told Hopkins interviews are in March. I just heard this from other students who know students at Hopkins, so nothing official xD

Congrats on the Columbia acceptance! You should do a happy dance! I'm still in limbo even though I had an interview the same week you did XD 

Also, you may want to join the freak-out in the PhD in public health thread, because misery loves company? Haha 

Edited by VBD

There aren't too many Environmental Health hopefuls around here, nice to meet you two xD

Yale EMD's interviews invites were sent out on Jan 26-28th last year were set up around Feb 12th. The interview day was for all five disciplines, not just EMD. So I'm not sure what that means for you..Assuming Yale operates on the same schedule each year, it might be bad news, or it might be that Yale is running late. 

No idea about Harvard :P

I'm told Hopkins interviews are in March. I just heard this from other students who know students at Hopkins, so nothing official xD

Congrats on the Columbia acceptance! You should do a happy dance! I'm still in limbo even though I had an interview the same week you did XD 

Also, you may want to join the freak-out in the PhD in public health thread, because misery loves company? Haha 

Hey! Yeah, I'm SO excited about Columbia. I've been wanting to go there for the past five years, haha - it's definitely my top choice. I'm mostly just curious about when the other schools I applied to plan to get back to their applicants. I highly doubt that any other school could match (let alone compete with!) the offer Columbia put on the table, and honestly - I was so impressed by the warmth and innovation that the department represents. If it makes you feel any better, EHS at Mailman did tell me that they'll be doing acceptances in waves, and to my knowledge, mine was the first of more to come. It's an incredible department; I hope you'll make it in, too! Maybe we'll see each other next year. :)

I'm definitely getting a little nervous/anxious...haven't really heard much from any of my schools! with that said, I have a good gig where I'm at now and have another year on my contract, so it could be worse...but I'd love to go back to school in the Fall!

I'm definitely getting a little nervous/anxious...haven't really heard much from any of my schools! with that said, I have a good gig where I'm at now and have another year on my contract, so it could be worse...but I'd love to go back to school in the Fall!

Take it easy, friend! I think you're in a great place too. :) Hopefully, we'll all be put out our anxiety/curiosity/torture(?) soon!

I heard from UNC Epi yesterday ... rejection. I guess I knew it was a long shot but my confidence is really shaken as I wait to hear from the other department I applied to there.

I was applying to reproductive/pediatric Epi, in case that is helpful to anyone reading.

Good luck to all!

Hey All! I just heard from Yale EMD that all interview offers have been sent out and acceptances will be selected from interviewees. Sorry to all those waiting.

ugh...but good to know! thanks :]

ugh...but good to know! thanks :]
Keep your fingers crossed for HSPH! Looks like they're putting out decisions already... But I wonder if IDE takes longer than other concentrations because they get more applicants? Any insight? As for Yale... I'm reluctant to throw in the towel till I have the rejection letter in hand! Who knows these days...