African Studies rankings?

Hello, everyone. I'm currently weighing some competing offers from various African Studies M.A. programs. I've been trying to find some source that ranks the various programs, but so far no luck. Can anyone suggest somewhere I should look? U.S. News ranks African History, but that's not exactly what I have in mind. Thanks... :D

What exactly do you have in mind? You should not rely on rankings in choosing programs. If you talk to professors in Africana studies, however, they will typically list schools like Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern and Cornell as having far more resources available in the area then the vast majority of programs (in my experience.) It is a fairly niche subject, so you may want to focus on those and a few others, based on your specific interests. Rankings may not correlate at all with schools that are a good match for you.

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I should have mentioned that I'm aware of the usual caveats about relying on rankings versus finding programs that match my interests. ;) I'm most interested in finding out which programs are more likely to open doors for me later. Do you have any idea which African Studies departments tend to have a better record of placing MA students into PhD programs (in whatever discipline), for example?