DC Region MPA/MPP Fall 2013

Flyers1

Hi everyone! This is my first post and my first time applying to grad school. I applied to three DC area schools for MPA/MPP programs. The schools are American SPA, GW Trachtenberg and Georgetown (GPPI). I have been accepted to American SPA so far and am waiting to hear about funding. Still waiting on decisions from the other two. Anyone hear anything from GW or GPPI yet? It looks like Georgetown has started its first round of acceptances. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Flyers1

My own preference goes:

1. GW

2. AU

3. GPPI

This is mostly based on my desire to do an MPA, not MPP, but I am likely to go wherever I receive the most funding. Anyone else out there who applied to one, two or all three of these programs?

I applied to all 3 + Maryland, UMN Humphrey, and George Mason. Hedging my bets ;) I've been accepted to GPPI and Humphrey. My top choices are either GPPI or Maryland's dual MBA MPP.

Flyers 1 and Manicbat what are your guys' stats if I may ask? (Mine: 3.14 GPA, 170 Verbal, 163 Quant, TFA and a year or two of policy experience.)

Did American say anything about funding? Georgetown let some of us know we're under consideration for scholarships

My stats are as follows:

Undergrad GPA 3.98, 3 yrs NPO experience, 1 year private sector. GRE 161 V 161 Q 5.5 AW. Phi beta kappa. University honors etc.

American said that funding decisions would be mailed out mid-March.

Heard from American in late January and GPPI last week. Accepted to both, still waiting on funding. Stats: 4.0 undergrad GPA, Econ major, 170V 166Q 6AW, applying straight out of undergrad (though with lots of internship experience and multiple national leadership positions in a student human rights advocacy organization).

How long did it take for you guys to hear back from American? They fumbled my application materials before the deadline.  I submitted the application on Jan 24th but it didnt say the applicatino was complete until Feb 6th.

American turned my application around pretty quickly--I applied submitted on December 30, and I think they had all my materials by January 4th? And I received my acceptance email on January 30th.

For DC area schools, I'm in at GPPI and American and waiting on GWU Trachtenberg like everybody else!