University of Illinois - Chicago?

Guest anothersocialkid

Guest anothersocialkid

Has anyone gotten an acceptance or rejection from them yet? I know someone reported a phone interview back in February, so you'd think there would be news by now.

Guest Squirrely

I applied to the cognitive program and haven't heard anything. Though I did hear from other interviewees that I have met that U of I (Chicago) had their interview weekend in late Feb. or early March. I check the website everyday and it only ever says "manual review required." If we haven't heard by now, all signs seem to point to rejection---but I still hold out hope that maybe we were so fabulous that they didn't even need to talk to us in order to know what wonderful people we are. =) That or were sitting on a waitlist somewhere. Oh! Or, I heard of one school that didn't send out ANYTHING to people who were rejected. If applicants didn't call to check, they didn't find out.

Which program did you apply to? Do you want to make a call and find out when/if rejection letters are going out? (I'm secretly trying to get you to do my dirty work =) ).

Guest anothersocialkid

I applied to Social. Yeah, I'm also assuming rejection but hoping to be on a waitlist (especially since a phone interview can be done without advance warning). So far I'm still too chicken to call, but maybe in a week I'll get up the guts. Mostly it just strikes me as weird that someone reported a phone interview but not anything since then.

Guest squirrely

Well, I called the psych. department at UIC yesterday to try to pyr my status out of them. They said that they've been slow this year and are not done deciding on applicants.. They also said that they haven't sent out any rejection letters yet. So, while I was hoping that I had received no word because I'm on a waitlist, chances are I'm not. I'm sure that they have a pile of applicants that they have absolutely no intention of accepting, even if their first choices decline, so what is the difficulty in just informing them of the rejection so that they can focus their attention on their other options? It seems like such a callous practice.