BU Interviews for Fall 2013!

It seems like there are a lot of us attending the Boston University interviews next weekend (2/22-2/24).  This is a place for us to connect and share ideas of what to do around the city :D

I'm coming out from AZ, and will be staying 2 nights at the Boston Hotel Buckminster, which is apparently super close to Sargent College, right along the T, and offers a student discount-- only 89/night!

Um... am I the only one who hasn't gotten  a confirmed appointment yet? :( I had a dream last night that I was scheduled for Saturday at 6AM (which would be 4AM Arizona time!) Thankfully the appointments don't start until 8 :) 

Um... am I the only one who hasn't gotten  a confirmed appointment yet? :( I had a dream last night that I was scheduled for Saturday at 6AM (which would be 4AM Arizona time!) Thankfully the appointments don't start until 8 :)

no i havent gotten my confirmation either! i called brie at 4 and she said said she was still in the process of sending them and they should all be sent out by 5:30. dont worry!

Did anyone by any chance ask what percentage of applicants were invited for interviews?

I'm really curious about this, too. From what I saw on the "Results Search" page, it sounds like it is mainly for funding purposes...so apparently we are all people who are qualified for their program, but they are figuring out financial stuff. I'm hoping to get an RA/TA position wherever I go, so I'm hoping this interview goes well!!

what are you all wearing? i'm really not sure what the dress code is... thanks!

I'm planning to wear black dress pants (with black tights underneath) and nice flats.  Then a conservative blouse with a blazer, and a coat over (for going outside).  I will keep accessories minimal and carry small black leather purse and a folder with copies of transcripts, resume, etc. 

I have mine at 1pm on Saturday, and I am thinking of going on the tours beforehand. I can't wait to learn more about the research labs and get a feel for the campus. My sister is traveling with me, so more than anything I am looking forward to a fun weekend away to take my mind off of all of this waiting  :lol:

I have mine at 1pm on Saturday, and I am thinking of going on the tours beforehand. I can't wait to learn more about the research labs and get a feel for the campus. My sister is traveling with me, so more than anything I am looking forward to a fun weekend away to take my mind off of all of this waiting  :lol:

Seriously, I'm hoping that this will be a nice distraction/adventure in the midst of all the waiting! :D 

I couldn't get the attachment to work on my phone, but it loaded just fine on my computer

Hmm... I tried downloading mine several times, and I can "open" it as a .pdf , but it just looks like big black smudges instead of text :/ I am terrible at technology, so I have no clue what this means!

Hmm... I tried downloading mine several times, and I can "open" it as a .pdf , but it just looks like big black smudges instead of text :/ I am terrible at technology, so I have no clue what this means!

I had the same problem. I had to hit view instead of download in order for it to load correctly in google docs. 

Hi all,

I am interviewing on Sunday. Anyone else have a Sunday time? Unfortunately I've heard interviews are for program admission and not just to determine funding :(.

I'm actually from Boston, it's a great city. You'll all have a great time visiting.

Best of luck to everyone!

My interview is at 4:10 pm on Friday! I am already in Boston staying with my sister, and visited Emerson College today and have an appointment to tour at MGH tomorrow, since I applied to all 3 of these Boston programs. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have a good comparison, if anyone is interested.

Also, I plan on attending the 1 pm Sargent college tour and the 2 pm tour of the research facilities, if anyone will be doing those tours on Friday see you there :)

Hey everyone!  I'm new here, but I've been reading the forum for the past week or so after finding it when searching for info about typical response times for my various applications.  I have an interview on Saturday afternoon and am super nervous- BU's the first school I've heard back from!  I emailed Brie about interview length and she said they should last only about 15 minutes.  I guess each of the tours are about 45 minutes to an hour, but the tour of the labs could potentially be longer depending on how many are available!

Hope that helps :)  

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!! let us know how it goes :) My interview is over the weekend, and I'm a bit worried it will be cancelled because of the impending snow storm. I'm going to email Brie tomorrow to confirm.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!! let us know how it goes :) My interview is over the weekend, and I'm a bit worried it will be cancelled because of the impending snow storm. I'm going to email Brie tomorrow to confirm.

Shoot, do you think that's gonna happen? :/ I made sure to schedule my flight to arrive 24hrs in advance, in case of weather delays, but I'd be super bummed if I come out there just to find it is cancelled! :P although it seems like they stayed (more or less) operational during Nemo and shortly before/after the crazy Hurricane Sandy stuff this fall...

Shoot, do you think that's gonna happen? :/ I made sure to schedule my flight to arrive 24hrs in advance, in case of weather delays, but I'd be super bummed if I come out there just to find it is cancelled! :P although it seems like they stayed (more or less) operational during Nemo and shortly before/after the crazy Hurricane Sandy stuff this fall...

i just checked and the snow isn't supposed to start until saturday night so i think you'll be fine for your interview! getting out of boston might be more of an issue though.