2013 Applicant Profiles & Admission Results

GwenWoods

While we're all waiting for acceptances, I'll start.

GPA: 3.7

Undergrad: University of Western Ontario. Honors BA in media, information and technoculture, minor in geography, certificate in writing

Awards: Graduated with Distinction, Dean's Honour List, Writing Program's Student Award for Non-Fiction Writing, three awards from my campus newspaper (News Staff Writer of the Year, Most Influential Story of the Year, Excellence in Hard News Writing), and Undergraduate Student Leadership Award from my faculty.

Work & Internships:
- Four years working full-time at a daily student newspaper, currently act as Editor-in-Chief

- Internship at CTV National News in the Toronto bureau

- Summer job at Ministry of Natural Resources

Applied to:

Columbia

University of British Columbia

University of Colorado-Boulder

Yup, they do. It's becoming a new faculty/school of information, I believe.

Just got accepted to UBC journalism with a full-ride scholarship ($10,000)!!

Edited by GwenWoods

• 3 weeks later...

While we're all waiting for acceptances, I'll start.

GPA: 3.7

Undergrad: University of Western Ontario. Honors BA in media, information and technoculture, minor in geography, certificate in writing

Awards: Graduated with Distinction, Dean's Honour List, Writing Program's Student Award for Non-Fiction Writing, three awards from my campus newspaper (News Staff Writer of the Year, Most Influential Story of the Year, Excellence in Hard News Writing), and Undergraduate Student Leadership Award from my faculty.

Work & Internships:

- Four years working full-time at a daily student newspaper, currently act as Editor-in-Chief

- Internship at CTV National News in the Toronto bureau

- Summer job at Ministry of Natural Resources

Applied to:

Columbia

University of British Columbia

University of Colorado-Boulder

holy shit dude...that's a lot...I don't have any awards, half the experience, a lower gpa, one internship and no leadership roles but i got into nyu