MIT Aero/Astro Fall 2013

ssingh

Does anyone know if MIT prefers terminal masters applicants over people who indicate a PhD as their final objective? 

Edited by ssingh

I doubt most admits were sent out yesterday. Usually takes a few days to filter out (from past years records). No clue about visit day - not mentioned on the website.

Hey guys,

weird things here.

I emailed Beth this afternoon, asking:"it doesn't necessarily mean I'm rejected if I wouldn't hear back from you about my admission decision this week, right?"

She told me: "No one has received a decision this week, as they are not finalized, so that's correct - it does not mean that you are rejected."

SO, what happened to those who posted acceptance? From their POI?

Hey guys,

weird things here.

I emailed Beth this afternoon, asking:"it doesn't necessarily mean I'm rejected if I wouldn't hear back from you about my admission decision this week, right?"

She told me: "No one has received a decision this week, as they are not finalized, so that's correct - it does not mean that you are rejected."

SO, what happened to those who posted acceptance? From their POI?

Could be POI, as the best candidates often get notified early.

Another possibility is a fake entry 

Please post about your trip to GA Tech. I am also considering visiting in the coming month since it's my first choice so far! (MIT pending!)

It has been an awesome day at GA Tech! The campus is really pretty, the facilities are really nice (even if most of the buildings are old on the outside, there are a lot of nice equipment) and it seems like they really care about their grad students.

Well

There were 3 notifications. 3 PhDs and 1 Masters. One of the PhDs mentioned the presidential fellowship. That could hardly be POI contacting them. Still hope for the best. This however does look like an appropriate time for the results to come out (second to last week of Feb). Could you quote the email from Beth Marois if you dont mind

Thanks

Last year they were posted on the 28th February, followed by Caltech on 1st March.

Hopefully on Thursday we'll all be delighted with our acceptances :D

Umm Are you sure? I guess only the wait lists were posted for 28th Feb. The accepts were earlier in Feb. I believe you are talking about MIT?

Any ways good luck to us all for MIT accepts :-)

Well

There were 3 notifications. 3 PhDs and 1 Masters. One of the PhDs mentioned the presidential fellowship. That could hardly be POI contacting them. Still hope for the best. This however does look like an appropriate time for the results to come out (second to last week of Feb). Could you quote the email from Beth Marois if you dont mind

Thanks

"No one has received a decision this week, as they are not finalized, so that's correct - it does not mean that you are rejected." is quoted directly from her email.

She also said: "Our faculty are still working on making decisions and we are still on track to notify applicants via email on or very close to March 1." when I ask her how long it will take her to send out all the admissions -- will her send out more MS admissions next week.

"No one has received a decision this week, as they are not finalized, so that's correct - it does not mean that you are rejected." is quoted directly from her email.

She also said: "Our faculty are still working on making decisions and we are still on track to notify applicants via email on or very close to March 1." when I ask her how long it will take her to send out all the admissions -- will her send out more MS admissions next week.

Thank you very much - but it sounds a bit weird that although she said "no one has received a decision this week", she will send "MORE" MS admissions next week. 

Anyway it seems that we still have good hope for the admissions decisions. Good luck to all applicants!

Thank you very much - but it sounds a bit weird that although she said "no one has received a decision this week", she will send "MORE" MS admissions next week. 

Anyway it seems that we still have good hope for the admissions decisions. Good luck to all applicants!

She didn't say that she will send MORE admissions. That's what I asked. By answering my question, she replied that faculty are still working.

Hope the best for all of us. :)

Edited by mnipenny

I don't know what to think :/ It seems strange that 4 troll admits would pop up on results at once even if it is 1 person posting them. I hope that's the case though. I don't think I can wait another week to hear!

Edited by zecone13