Waitlist Success Stories?

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone has any success stories of people who have successfully gotten off the waitlist and accepted into an MPP/MPA program? What school/program was it specifically?

Do you think schools (WWS, GSPP, Harvard KSG, etc.) generally accept people off their waitlist?

I'm trying to remain hopeful!!

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone has any success stories of people who have successfully gotten off the waitlist and accepted into an MPP/MPA program? What school/program was it specifically?

Do you think schools (WWS, GSPP, Harvard KSG, etc.) generally accept people off their waitlist?

I'm trying to remain hopeful!!

Yes they do. I have recently spoken to people both from HKS and WWS who were accepted from the waitlist. And the person who was accepted from WWS's list wasn't even one of linden's "superpeople." :) Yeah imagine that, there are people out there who would turn a free ride down!

GSPPhopeful:

If you look through last year's threads and results, you will find an encouraging number of waitlist admits. It can be done. I might not bet the house on it, but it can be done.

P.S. FSIA: The mythical waitlist WWS admit! Aren't they usually found at the end of the rainbow, next to the leprechaun's pot of gold?

P.S. FSIA: The mythical waitlist WWS admit! Aren't they usually found at the end of the rainbow, next to the leprechaun's pot of gold?

They usually are, but then they all decided to steal the gold and apply to GradCafe University to take such classes as: Feminist Art History: Artemesia Gentileschi is gonna cut a bitch!

So, FSIA, pray tell more about these waitlist admits to WWS. It has, quite suddenly, become a topic of interest to me.

Sure. I spent about 4 or 5 hours on the phone with one and he was really nice and candid about WWS. He did not have the best test scores, but he did have some relevant government experience. He was also involved with a lot of policy related activities as an undergrad.