Will I get into the Mailman School of Public Health?

charlieferrusi

Hello!

I should be hearing back from Columbia in a week or so. I have a 3.84 GPA from SUNY Brockport. I will graduate in May 2013 with a BS in Health Science, Concentration in School/Community Health Education, and Minor in Biology. I am also graduting a year early and a member of the Honors Program. I am currently student teaching middle school health and plan to get biology certification as well. On campus, I am President of SOUL (campus LGBTQ organization), VP of Voices for Planned Parenthood, and Treasurer of the Health Science Club. I am also a subsitute teacher, biostatistics tutor, and student health advocate at the campus health center. In addition, I have participated in a great deal of volunteer work regarding HIV/AIDS and other STDs within minority populations. My GRE scores were not the greatest, Q - 151 V - 144 W - 4. However, my reccomendations were from the Director of the Honors Program and Dean of Education and Human Services!

I applied to the MPH Health and Human Rights program.

So far, I've been accepted into NYU and BU.

Do you think that I will get in?! Thanks!

Edited by charlieferrusi

• 2 weeks later...

hey!  I applied to MPH at Columbia too.  Honestly, my GPA took a bit of a hit as an undergrad (calc, yuck) so I wasn't sure about applying.  But on their "prospective students" page, they said their average incoming GPA was 3.4!  Of course I know averages can be skewed and blah blah blah, but it seemed encouraging.  best of luck :)