HSPH Infectious Disease Epi SD Hopefuls?

mmajum01

I know that there are a couple other Harvard Infectious Disease Epidemiology SD hopefuls out there on Grad Cafe... Has anyone heard anything back yet? What's been your experience so far communicating with the department and POIs since sending in applications?

I got a rejection the other day (Friday), can't help you out much beyond that!

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I saw that there might be an opportunity at UCLA for you next year though! I hear their program is awesome. Are you waiting to hear back from anywhere else?

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I saw that there might be an opportunity at UCLA for you next year though! I hear their program is awesome. Are you waiting to hear back from anywhere else?

indeed, fingers crossed for UCLA's MPH program - better than nothing, and most likely exactly what I need (both personally and professionally). so it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm still waiting to hear from Columbia and Berkeley's Infectious Disease and Immunity program (my top choice), but considering the other outcomes so far, I'm not thinking too much about them!

indeed, fingers crossed for UCLA's MPH program - better than nothing, and most likely exactly what I need (both personally and professionally). so it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm still waiting to hear from Columbia and Berkeley's Infectious Disease and Immunity program (my top choice), but considering the other outcomes so far, I'm not thinking too much about them!

I love the positive attitude, drglasner! Keep it up. :) It encourages the same in the rest of us. :)

HSPH Epi has been pretty popular on the results page for the past few weeks with a mix of rejections and acceptances... And still nothing in my inbox. I have no idea what to expect at this point and am getting a bit nervous. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for the same SD program but was referred and accepted to the epidemiology MS program. I presume the referral happened because I'm right out of undergrad. I was notified of this about a week ago. Best of luck if you're still waiting!