Michigan Ann Arbor's joint program in anthropology and history

I applied for admission for fall 2013 for UMICH's anthro/history joint program.

Just checked the website. I clicked on "view decision". It says:

A decision has been made.  Your program of application will inform you of the decision.

What is it supposed to mean? Anyone else who is also applying?

Thanks for the heads up!  I just logged into UMich, and I have the same message on the page.  I am assuming we're either getting a phone call, email, or snail mail this week.  Given that I had to mail in my transcripts (no electronic submissions), I would bet on phone or snail mail.  Good luck!  (I'm just going to go over here and freak out now, don't mind me.)

On the bright side, I haven't heard of anyone being accepted to the program yet, and acceptances tend to come before rejections, since folks need to figure out what direction is up.  So fingers crossed!!

THank you for the information!

Another weird thing is that: when I clicked on "view financial aid document status," something is displayed in a table: Year 2014, awarding institution: University of Michigan. Details: no data available.

And then in the "My scholarship profile," there are a bunch of selection of scholarships for me to select.

I'm trying not to be optimistic because I don't want get hurt when it means a rejection. But the information displayed tempts me into a positive assumption.

How is it like in your wolverine system?

Thanks for the heads up!  I just logged into UMich, and I have the same message on the page.  I am assuming we're either getting a phone call, email, or snail mail this week.  Given that I had to mail in my transcripts (no electronic submissions), I would bet on phone or snail mail.  Good luck!  (I'm just going to go over here and freak out now, don't mind me.)

On the bright side, I haven't heard of anyone being accepted to the program yet, and acceptances tend to come before rejections, since folks need to figure out what direction is up.  So fingers crossed!!

THank you for the information!

Another weird thing is that: when I clicked on "view financial aid document status," something is displayed in a table: Year 2014, awarding institution: University of Michigan. Details: no data available.

And then in the "My scholarship profile," there are a bunch of selection of scholarships for me to select.

I'm trying not to be optimistic because I don't want get hurt when it means a rejection. But the information displayed tempts me into a positive assumption.

How is it like in your wolverine system?

I actually poked around the site a few weeks ago, and that's what I saw.  So I don't think that is indicative of anything.

My history area is medieval -- what's yours? :)

I actually poked around the site a few weeks ago, and that's what I saw.  So I don't think that is indicative of anything.

My history area is medieval -- what's yours? :)

Not in my case. My wolverine system used to be completely empty until just now when I saw it. Well I'm trying to forget about it.

My historical area, if admitted, would be Tokugawa and Meiji Japan.

Edited by Anthropologistdreamtobe

I called the department just now, and they stated that there was supposed to be emails going out early this morning, but they had misunderstood how the system operated.  As a result, my email (no idea what the decision is) will be going out later today.  They are TOTALLY besieged by all the program applicants -- I think they decided all at once, and now everyone is calling to see what the result is.