UC- Santa Barbara

Howdy Ho Folks!

I am just hoping to mine information from students in the discipline about UCSB. I got an offer with funding. However, I am not really from a Poly Sci background. I have a couple of other offers form my home discpline, but am kinda thinking of rejecting them.

Those of you who are in the know what sort of info can you provide about UCSB? Reputation? Quality of life in the department? New hires? etc.?

Any other accepted parties out there? Thinking of accepting?

Well good luck, congrats on the season, and kick some butt when you get there!!

Hey,

I also got accepted, funding TBD, but I am still thinking of accepting. I called the department and they were really really nice, so I'll find out more at the visit on Friday. 

The department is not top 20, but it's still pretty good, but it depends on your goals. I see the usually place 4-5 people per year to smaller schools. 

I wanna congratulate you on getting a funded offer, that's awesome! Are you the one that posted on the results board about getting 24k per year? 

I will see you on Friday, if you decide to attend!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am considering applying to UC Santa Barbara for the Political Science PhD next year, seeing as both of you got accepted can you shed some light as on how competitive it is? (GRE score etc.) Thanks!

Hi,

I am considering applying to UC Santa Barbara for the Political Science PhD next year, seeing as both of you got accepted can you shed some light as on how competitive it is? (GRE score etc.) Thanks!

While waiting for them to reply, did you try to do a search in the "results"-section?

Type in "Political Science" "Santa Barbara" and you should get some matches. Hopefully someone entered their info.