Sociology MA - Canada

FantineRose

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is still hanging in there!

I applied to the sociology and criminology MA programs at UoT, sociology at Queens, and socio-legal studies at York - has anyone heard anything about these particular programs? I haven't heard anything yet :(

FantineRose 

Edited by FantineRose

• 2 weeks later...

Hey FantineRose

Have you heard anything fr UofT yet regarding your application? I called the graduate administrator on Monday and he said that a decision was made on my file as apparently the admissions committee met on March 8th.. However he could not give me a response over the phone and said that I would know by the end of this week.. I'm assuming its a rejection :(

Hi! wish everyone is still hanging in here. I applied to sociology MA in Queen's and UoT, this morning got my first rejection letter from Queen's, still no news from UoT. PS: I'm international student.

Hey FantineRose

Have you heard anything fr UofT yet regarding your application? I called the graduate administrator on Monday and he said that a decision was made on my file as apparently the admissions committee met on March 8th.. However he could not give me a response over the phone and said that I would know by the end of this week.. I'm assuming its a rejection :(

I haven't heard anything either... and its the end of the week. 

Both of my statuses (I applied to crim as well) still say Under Review. What about yours? 

I have a great offer from Queen's, so I'm ok though. 

York I haven't heard a peep out of. 

Both of my statuses (I applied to crim as well) still say Under Review. What about yours?

Hi FantineRose

Congratulations on your offer from Queen's. my status changed to "decision made" a couple of days ago on UofT's admissions portal.. I'm guessing I'll find out in a couple of days via postal. The wait is killing me. Maybe if u call the graduate administrator he will let you know the status of your application. Even after he told me a decision was made my file still said under review for a couple of days

Hi FantineRose

Congratulations on your offer from Queen's. my status changed to "decision made" a couple of days ago on UofT's admissions portal.. I'm guessing I'll find out in a couple of days via postal. The wait is killing me. Maybe if u call the graduate administrator he will let you know the status of your application. Even after he told me a decision was made my file still said under review for a couple of days

Thank you very much :) It was my top choice, so I am very happy enough I haven't heard from anyone else. 

I will have to give them a call this week anyways, considering I have until April 2nd to accept Queen's offer. Good luck! I hope that a big package is waiting for you in the mail Monday!

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you very much :) It was my top choice, so I am very happy enough I haven't heard from anyone else.

I will have to give them a call this week anyways, considering I have until April 2nd to accept Queen's offer. Good luck! I hope that a big package is waiting for you in the mail Monday!

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you! I'll definitely let you know how it turns out. Although it's wednesday and still no mail.. Let me know if you get any news as well.