Oxford Apps

PieMonster

I did but I haven't heard a thing. If you were included with the January pile we should be hearing sometime this month. I do believe the department finished making their decisions already though.

I have sent an e-mail today to Graduate Assistant of the department. She says my assessment has not come in yet and she will inform me as soon as there is any news. If they have already made decisions, they should not wait to announce  :angry:

And, yes, I had applied in the January deadline for PhD in Economic and Social History. 

Eve if decisions are made, there's a procedure that makes it take so long I imagine. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough. Their guidelines say expect notification in March.

An American friend of mine received a conditional offer from Oxford (for a history MA) in mid-January, and already knows which college she'll be in; she goes to a British university, though, so I imagine her deadlines may have been earlier or she had prior knowledge of the system that let her get her applications done faster. My impression is that admissions for most UK programs are rolling.

Akacentimetre, yes, she probably applied for the November deadline. As you can guess, there are three deadlines, November, January and March. All applicants who completed their applications before any of these deadlines have the chance to get in. March apps are not considered for Oxford funding though.

Edited by PieMonster

Not heard anything here either.  App status hasn't budged since I submitted it 3 January.  I did see a lot of Greco-Roman admits, however, so if they're starting a new program/refurbishing with new students, that may have top priority. 

Not heard anything here either.  App status hasn't budged since I submitted it 3 January. 

You have an app status? After I submitted my online app I never tried to go back in. I did last night and this is what I get:

**You submitted this application to University of Oxford Graduate Programmes on 1/16/2013 8:44:00 AM. You can still work on any remaining parts of your application, but the application form itself is no longer available for editing**

Where do you see your status?

I'm also not aware of any status update for Oxford applications and I've been made to believe they don't have one and we rather have to rely on emails/postage.

There is even no place for checking the status on their system. So, they simply do inform by e-mail from the Graduate Administrator. We'll get e-mails but not sure when. By the way, for the poster above, Greko-roman studies seems to be administered by the Classics department, not by History dept. 

Oh man! I am so happy for you!! I asked when you received your email on the other thread, but thanks for mentioning it was in the morning. Nothing for me today...Poop. Even a rejection email would be nice at this point! I bet you're over the moon...did they mention anything about funding? PM me if this is too personal for the board, but you don't mind disclosing that info.

Congrats again!! 

They said one to two weeks for funding, and I have to say yes/no by 3/29 (two weeks from receipt of the letter).  My wheels are spinning because I think funding will decide my fate.  Oxford is the name, but York has more reasonable living costs and the man I want to work with. 

Edit:  Seriously, I have first world problems XD 

Edited by GuitarSlayer