LIU Brooklyn

kmurrin

Did anyone who interviewed here hear anything back yet?  They said we'd find out last week of Feb, first week of March and I'm going absolutely nuts!

I interviewed too and haven't heard a peep. I called on Monday and they said "they are still making decisions" and the woman I spoke to doesn't know when they will send out notifications....ugh!!!

Sounds like there is at least one acceptance- just saw it on the results search =/

i am choosing to believe this is another acceptance for CW post since it was by phone, like the others, and the phd program told us theyd let us know by email.  this of course may just be grasping at straws, but its the only thing i can do to stay sane.  if the person who posted that acceptance would like to clarify, by all means do!

i am choosing to believe this is another acceptance for CW post since it was by phone, like the others, and the phd program told us theyd let us know by email.  this of course may just be grasping at straws, but its the only thing i can do to stay sane.  if the person who posted that acceptance would like to clarify, by all means do!

yikes, nevermind.  someone (hoping its the same person) posted on SDN too.  my heart just sank :(

• 2 weeks later...

I called the school again because my online application still says "defer decision" (has said this since mid-december before I interviewed)...they informed me they are "still making decisions" and offers...has anyone that interviewed for the PhD program been offered a spot in the MA program? Just curious what's happening with LIU. Sounds like they still have openings for the PhD program but not sure what's going on with the MA program; I know people are often offered spots in that if denied the PhD. I just want to go to school!!!!

I called the school again because my online application still says "defer decision" (has said this since mid-december before I interviewed)...they informed me they are "still making decisions" and offers...has anyone that interviewed for the PhD program been offered a spot in the MA program? Just curious what's happening with LIU. Sounds like they still have openings for the PhD program but not sure what's going on with the MA program; I know people are often offered spots in that if denied the PhD. I just want to go to school!!!!

On 03/04, my application status changed to admit to M.A., so I was not admitted to the Ph.D. program.

Thanks for the info! Will you be accepting? I'm still very curious why my status hasn't said anything new since December!? This is so strange...either it's possibly good (on the waitlist?) or I didn't get admitted to either and they just haven't done rejections? Yikes- speed it up LIU!

Thanks for the info! Will you be accepting? I'm still very curious why my status hasn't said anything new since December!? This is so strange...either it's possibly good (on the waitlist?) or I didn't get admitted to either and they just haven't done rejections? Yikes- speed it up LIU!

my application says the same thing as yours. "under departmental review."  its good to know I'm not the only one.  I will probably accept the other offer I have, but I did love LIU's program and would love to be able to just cross if off my list and officially move on if I'm rejected

I'm not sure yet.. waiting to hear about funding. I still have another Ph.D. to hear from (which will prob be a rejection) and they consider you for M.A. like LIU does. So I'm waiting to see if they offer more funding.

• 11 months later...

Nerve-wracking but helpful to see others are also still waiting to hear from LIU. I emailed them and they said the same thing to me--They still are making decisions and haven't sent out invitations (although looks like some people got invited during the beginning of march..)

I really hope we all find out soon....