Doctoral Programs

Voice of Raisin

Is anyone else applying for doctoral programs?

I have offers from University of Missouri, University of Maryland, and University of Maryland with funding. I also received an offer from North Carolina, but that was without any money. 

I still don't know which offer to accept, so any thoughts or comments on the schools' reputation, location, job opportunities, etc. would be very welcome!

Edited by Voice of Raisin

Is anyone else applying for doctoral programs?

I have offers from University of Missouri, University of Maryland, and University of Maryland with funding. I also received an offer from North Carolina, but that was without any money. 

I still don't know which offer to accept, so any thoughts or comments on the schools' reputation, location, job opportunities, etc. would be very welcome!

All are equally great programs in my eyes. Unless location is a concern for you, I'd follow the money. That's not to say automatically go with Maryland. Take a couple of weeks to see if you receive an offer from the other universities. I've heard of funding coming through at the last minute before.

Do you mind if I ask when and how you heard from UNC? They're my top choice, and I'm waiting on pins and needs to hear back from them.

I made a mess of my first post. I have offers with funding from Missouri, Maryland, and Iowa. Don't know why I wrote Maryland twice. 

I received an email from UNC saying I had "been recommended for admission" on February 26th, and a few days later I received the official decision by email.