Did anyone choose BC?

awright228

I havent chosen either way yet. I am going to visit the campus and sit in on a class next week. I am looking forward to learning more about the program before I decide. Are you leaning towards BC?

Yeah, right now I am. If you find anything out about their new hispanic-latino track let me know. There is this new option to take some classes in spanish if you pass a spanish exam and I'm trying to get more info from admissions.

Yeah, right now I am. If you find anything out about their new hispanic-latino track let me know. There is this new option to take some classes in spanish if you pass a spanish exam and I'm trying to get more info from admissions.

Ya I will definitely ask about it for you! Are there any other specific questions about the program you have? I would be more than happy to ask for you when I go to visit. I will be sitting in on a class as well. I think it is going to be a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy class. Are you looking to do a macro or micro track? I am very interested in the school, but the price is just so high!

Ya I will definitely ask about it for you! Are there any other specific questions about the program you have? I would be more than happy to ask for you when I go to visit. I will be sitting in on a class as well. I think it is going to be a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy class. Are you looking to do a macro or micro track? I am very interested in the school, but the price is just so high!

Hey texasgrad, no I don't have any other real questions, but thanks so much for being so helpful. I was accepted into micro. -- What abotu you? I love Boston and I am pretty familiar with the area. I did talk to the admissions ppl. about the hispanic-latino track basically they said that if you pass a proficiency exam you can take 4 classes in spanish (they are regular courses but just taught in spanish) and I would be really interested in that. It is def. a unique aspect that they just added. I don't think it is a formal concentration, but just something extra you can do, so many jobs require you to be bilingual now that I thought it would be a great thing.

Anyway, def. let me know how your visit goes. I am sure you will love the campus. Did BC give you any $ or did any other schools? Apparently, there are a lot of GA positions you can apply for in other schools at the univeristy, maybe they will speak more about that at the visit program?

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up...how was your visit?  Anyone else have thoughts?

I actually ended up not being able to visit because of a snow storm when I was there :/. Decided against BC due to cost.

I think I will be going to BC! You still deciding?

I recently got in, which was a surprise... (i'd elaborate more on that part in PM)

I already accepted BU and will be up there next week so I was thinking about stopping by.  A lot of it would depend on money...but I should go in with an open mind.

Where are you deciding between?  Why do you like it?

I recently got in, which was a surprise... (i'd elaborate more on that part in PM)

I already accepted BU and will be up there next week so I was thinking about stopping by.  A lot of it would depend on money...but I should go in with an open mind.

Where are you deciding between?  Why do you like it?

Hey yeah, I think I am going to BU just bc they gave me the most $ and I really like boston and the program seems solid to me. Boston or Western Mass. is also where I would like to end up eventually. I am not thrilled about the cost of living there, but I think it will be okay.

CONGRATS on getting in to BU!!! That is so exciting. So are you going there over BC bc you already accepted?

• 2 weeks later...

Awright228-

Why did you chose BC as opposed to BU?

How much did BU offer you in scholarship aid? And what is your focus/concentration?

Just curious I am struggling with a decison of going to BU or not...

Hey yeah, I think I am going to BU just bc they gave me the most $ and I really like boston and the program seems solid to me. Boston or Western Mass. is also where I would like to end up eventually. I am not thrilled about the cost of living there, but I think it will be okay.

CONGRATS on getting in to BU!!! That is so exciting. So are you going there over BC bc you already accepted?

I just like the content of BU's program's better.  Their focus is working in urban environments and the ability to do a macro minor and a trauma certificate are very appealing to me.  BC has a great intl focus, which isn't currently my interest.  Plus they're a little more expensive! 

But I ended up choosing from my 4 schools based on what they offered me progammatically and location!

Awright228-

Why did you chose BC as opposed to BU?

How much did BU offer you in scholarship aid? And what is your focus/concentration?

Just curious I am struggling with a decison of going to BU or not...

Hi SofieCat,

BU I just had the option of government loans. But BC gave me 20k in scholarship -- so hopefully, I can use some loans and then work at the same time to cover the rest of the cost. I have my JD already, so my career goals are to work with children and families in the legal system ie: guardian ad litem, custody, adoption, ect...I want to use the MSW to inform my legal practice and get the clinical trianing and experience that I don't have.

Congrats on your acceptance! What are the other options besides BU for you?  What is your focus?

Hi SofieCat,

BU I just had the option of government loans. But BC gave me 20k in scholarship -- so hopefully, I can use some loans and then work at the same time to cover the rest of the cost. I have my JD already, so my career goals are to work with children and families in the legal system ie: guardian ad litem, custody, adoption, ect...I want to use the MSW to inform my legal practice and get the clinical trianing and experience that I don't have.

Congrats on your acceptance! What are the other options besides BU for you?  What is your focus?

Well, that makes me wish I applied to BC! From my research BC has the type of program I'm looking for however the price tag scared me off from applying. I spoke with their admissions and was told it was very rare to get a near full ride scholarship. With a 38k a year price tag I automatically eliminated it based on cost. 

I applied to BU and was accepted with a 3/4 tuition waiver scholarship. I'm interested in macro concentration and what really sold me about BU was the macro program combined with the scholarship they offered me. My choice of school is largely $$ driven, but I'm struggling on making the final decision. I live in California so the relocation is less than ideal. But when I had originally applied, I did the math, and BU seemed to be the best school, offering the best aid money. 

A lot of schools I would have been interested in attending (U of Washington for example) were automatically eliminated based on cost of tuition and likely hood of tuition waiver scholarships (based on my research).