2nd Round Funding?

I've had two schools today alert me that while I didn't receive funding during the first round, I am very competitive to receive funding IF there is a second round of merit aid.  I feel like I'm just being kept on the hook but who knows...  Anyone know about when schools typically do a second round of funding?  I need to buckle down and pick a school, especially since one of my schools wants to know by April 1, and I'd like to know if I should count the schools out that gave me nothing during the first round or if I should keep them in the back of my mind just in case this elusive second round of funding actually goes down.  Thanks for the help!

Somehow I think current grad students at that school are better poised to answer your question. 

We can tell you whatever we think but it's all going to be speculation or hearsay.

Edited by Kadisha

I've had two schools today alert me that while I didn't receive funding during the first round, I am very competitive to receive funding IF there is a second round of merit aid. I feel like I'm just being kept on the hook but who knows... Anyone know about when schools typically do a second round of funding? I need to buckle down and pick a school, especially since one of my schools wants to know by April 1, and I'd like to know if I should count the schools out that gave me nothing during the first round or if I should keep them in the back of my mind just in case this elusive second round of funding actually goes down. Thanks for the help!

Georgetown designated me an "alternate" merit fellow today and said that we should be notified IF it becomes available on April 19th, after admitted students submit responses. It was also kind of the school to extend alternates' response deadline to April 26th.

I speculate second round funding will only be offered when they know who is coming (ie after April 15), though I would try to negotiate a deadline extension if you haven't heard by then.

Edited by campussartorialist

Georgetown designated me an "alternate" merit fellow today and said that we should be notified IF it becomes available on April 19th, after admitted students submit responses. It was also kind of the school to extend alternates' response deadline to April 26th.

I speculate second round funding will only be offered when they know who is coming (ie after April 15), though I would try to negotiate a deadline extension if you haven't heard by then.

Can I ask which gtown program you received this from?  Good luck