SUNY Downstate Medical Center MCB PhD program

trumpcard

I am an international student applicant for this program. Haven't had any communication from them yet regarding interview etc. Has anyone heard from them in this matter, especially international applicants. If so, would request you to post the status of your application. Will be useful to all who have applied for this program. Even status of application to other Research programs of the School of Graduate Studies would be useful. Thanks

Hi!

I am an international student too! I applied to the BME PhD at Suny Downstate but I didn' hear from them. Did you take the GRE? and the Toefl? Can I ask you your scores situation?

GRE ( not subject ) and TOEFL are required for admission to the program. i have taken these and the scores are decent. Since there appear to be no post about interviews and acceptances, perhaps the process is still on. It would be nice if other applicants also post about the status of their applications. Best wishes for your selection. Have you applied elsewhere too ?

• 2 months later...

I am an international student applicant for this program. Haven't had any communication from them yet regarding interview etc. Has anyone heard from them in this matter, especially international applicants. If so, would request you to post the status of your application. Will be useful to all who have applied for this program. Even status of application to other Research programs of the School of Graduate Studies would be useful. Thanks

Just to report further developments : sent mail to know about the decision made, if any. As there was no reply, called them up and was told that they would send a mail communication, which has not been received yet.Sent them another mail reminder and am still waiting to hear from them. It would have been so much better to have known their decision asap as we are already in June. Although there have been several views on this page, no one has posted about his/her status. Will much appreciate if those who made it or are in the waitlist reply here for the benefit of others. Reporting of any other communication received from the PhD Program would be of help.Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, for those who are still waiting to hear : a source has told that all spots in the program has been taken and there is no possibility of any further intake for this fall. Good luck to those who made it and better luck next time to those who couldn't make it this time.