Cal State admissions?

daydreamer254

The Cal States don't specify when they send out admissions decisions, and for Cal State Northridge (the school I applied for), the results search on this forum doesn't list my program (mass communications). :(

Anyway, since it's nearing the end of the second week of March, is no news a bad sign??

i got my acceptance to a cal state program about a week ago, but they asked that i notify them of my decision before 3/28 so they could work off the waitlist. the date i received that acceptance seemed relatively early compared to past years, for both my department and the school in general; they were spread out through early april. i doubt it's the same between schools or programs, but, in short, i'd say you've got a couple of weeks to go before you have to worry.

I was accepted into a grad program and CSU Sac months ago ( I was shocked by how early it was). That being said, it was from the department and I STILL havent heard anything from the graduate school. I'm going to call and withdraw because ive ruled it out. It seems to be very varied.

The Cal States don't specify when they send out admissions decisions, and for Cal State Northridge (the school I applied for), the results search on this forum doesn't list my program (mass communications). :(

Anyway, since it's nearing the end of the second week of March, is no news a bad sign??

Not necessarily. Do you know anybody else who is applying to the same program as you? Have you been in contact with the department's secretary?

I know that sometimes the answers that you're looking for can be pretty vague, but when I finally called last week, I got peace of mind knowing the final application review would be on the 18th of this month. I know some people who have applied to some programs at SDSU, and their supplemental applications aren't even due until April! So i guess it really varies. 

To stay serene christine: No, I don't know anybody else who's applying to the program. I'm an out of state student. As for contacting the secretary of the department, haven't done so. But I guess I could call next week just to check...

I see you applied to CSU's as well!! Including Northridge! Good luck to you!