Penn State's MA in media studies

I just got admitted into Penn State without funding and still pending for other schools.
Been searching online for more information about the program but haven't seen much  <_<

Anyone who has more information about the program such as the reputation, strength or faculty in the program?

Thanks for replying  :)

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I am an undergraduate student from Germany and I am going to apply for fall 2014 at Penn State for Media Studies. I just heard from the College of Communications, that this program is very competitive. It is really my greatest desire to get accepted at this University and therefore, I wanted to ask you, if you have any advice for me and for my application, since you got accepted?

I am a little bit confused, because I heard that everything will be about the statement of purpose. But after reading your post here at this forum it seems like you did not know so much about the program. Don't get me wrong, but since the department told me this master program is really competitive and you wrote that you do not know so much about it, I would really like to know how your application looks like!

I would be really happy if you can help me!

• 6 months later...

Hey,

I am an undergraduate student from Germany and I am going to apply for fall 2014 at Penn State for Media Studies. I just heard from the College of Communications, that this program is very competitive. It is really my greatest desire to get accepted at this University and therefore, I wanted to ask you, if you have any advice for me and for my application, since you got accepted?

I am a little bit confused, because I heard that everything will be about the statement of purpose. But after reading your post here at this forum it seems like you did not know so much about the program. Don't get me wrong, but since the department told me this master program is really competitive and you wrote that you do not know so much about it, I would really like to know how your application looks like!

I would be really happy if you can help me!

Hello Kim9090, how about your application to Penn State? I am also international and I have just been admitted by the program. I want to know if you have learned more about this program because I am weighing it and UW-Madison. Thanks~ 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation on your acceptance to Penn State. I applied to the same program but I have not heard anything from them yet. Do they send you an email or something? Also, do they offer you any funding at all? I checked my status but it said that my application is currently under review. I find it very weird.