University of Denver - Animal Assisted Therapy program?

Hi all! I am planning on applying to University of Denver for Summer 2014 (I'm hoping to get in the advanced standing program, and they start summer quarter!), and I'm hoping to do the Animal Assisted Therapy track. I was just wondering if anyone is currently at University of Denver (in the AAT program or not), and can give me a run down on the school. I am currently located in Columbus and will be moving across the country if I get accepted - scary! I have never been to Denver, obviously I'll be making a trip out there before I start the program but I'm pretty clueless right now. I'm in it simply for the aat program. Any info would be fantastic!!   :)

Hi all! I am planning on applying to University of Denver for Summer 2014 (I'm hoping to get in the advanced standing program, and they start summer quarter!), and I'm hoping to do the Animal Assisted Therapy track. I was just wondering if anyone is currently at University of Denver (in the AAT program or not), and can give me a run down on the school. I am currently located in Columbus and will be moving across the country if I get accepted - scary! I have never been to Denver, obviously I'll be making a trip out there before I start the program but I'm pretty clueless right now. I'm in it simply for the aat program. Any info would be fantastic!!   :)

I'm not but just as an FYI I was reading that professors at the University of Utah's Social Work department have begun an animal assisted therapy course and seems they're moving in the direction of making it a sort of "add on" track as well.  So, in case you end up not liking Denver and since you have some time to visit places, there's another dept. beginning what you're interested in :)  At this point I'm sure you'd have to email the dept. to get any additional information though.

Hi Jamie-

I just finished the Animal Human Health certificate program last week, which is 3 online courses with a final project done in person at the University. It was an amazing course! The director, administrator and teachers are wonderful and top-notch. I cant say enough about each of them. Each of the teachers are very thorough, you will learn more than you ever thought. It was the most intense on-line class that I have ever experienced, but very rewarding. Good luck!