Preparation for master's degree?

fortuneC

I am in thrid year in college and want to pursue a master's degree in development economics. 

My major is physics, and I am now taking econometrics, statistics to be prepared.

Here's my overall profile:

Present GPA: 3.6/4.0 (My college is among top 5 in my country)

GRE: 169/169/4.0

Courses Taken:

Advanced Mathematics(B+)

Linear Algebra(A-)

Macroeconomics (A-)

Well, I have no research experience, and no internship. If I want to apply to a master's degree, what type of school will I qualify? Also, what can I do right now to improve my profile? :wacko:

Thanks~

Edited by fortuneC

• 4 weeks later...

I would say to give you the best chances, take a few more econ classes if possible.  You should, at a minumum, have intro to micro and macro done, and should try to get through intermediate micro and macro.

In addition to that, take as many calc classes as you can before graduating (you may have done this as a physics major), and see if you can squeeze in Real Analysis.

I would say to give you the best chances, take a few more econ classes if possible.  You should, at a minumum, have intro to micro and macro done, and should try to get through intermediate micro and macro.

In addition to that, take as many calc classes as you can before graduating (you may have done this as a physics major), and see if you can squeeze in Real Analysis.

I see, maybe I shall try some mathematical analysis next semester.

Also, if I get a master's degree  in Statistics first , will it be easier to apply for economics? I really am confused now as people encourage me to get a MS in Statistics for it is easier for my background and it is more related to economics than physics itself.