University of Mississippi

Perhaps I'm just being ridiculously impatient, but I have to ask. Has anyone heard anything from the English Department at the University of Mississippi? Based on the Results Search, one person has apparently been accepted to their MA program. I haven't heard a thing from them though. Any other impatient people out there?

Yeah, that was me, actually. I got the news around 3pm via email on the 15th from Peter Reed. I was offered a 13.5K fellowship, plus tuition and fees, etc. The stipend is renewable for up to five years, I think. 

I haven't accepted but am leaning in this direction. I'm from Mobile, AL and I live in Birmingham, AL. So I like the idea of not moving too far away from family and friends. I've been fortunate enough to receive offers elsewhere (better ones financially), but it's my assumption that cost of living at Oxford would be far more reasonable than, say, Albany. 

I hope this news doesn't create any anxiety on anyone's part. We all work hard. We all hope to be given the opportunities we desire. I applied to six schools and got into three, so I feel really lucky.

Edited by RadioactiveD

Don't worry about my part. I'm proud for you, RadioactiveD. I am just ready to hear something. I only applied to three schools myself and have been accepted at two. Only one has offered funding so far, but i remain hopeful.

I have emailed Dr. Reed and await his reply. I saw that someone submitted a result today saying that they had been accepted to the PhD by an email that had evidently been sent the 14th or 15th of this month but that just came through today.

It makes me wonder if they are one of the schools that just don't tell people that they are rejected until much later. That would really stink. I'm just ready to know something. Even a waitlisting would be an improvement.

I was the acceptance that missed the original acceptance email. They would like a reply by April 1st, but they are willing to give me until April 15th. I am wait listed at a few other schools, so I am waiting to hear back before I make my final decision.