Has anyone communicated with Stanford?

bamacarolina - thanks for sharing!

LittFox - I'm with ya. I'm sitting on other offers, but really want to know Stanford decision as soon as possible, so I know whether to factor it into my decisioning or not. =/ It's a bit strange to me that other schools have been very active on this forum, but not Stanford. 

For what it's worth a student that I know was wait listed to their PhD program about two months ago and received an offer off the wait list in the past week or two. I think it's safe to assume that if you haven't heard anything, the best-case scenario is that you are on a "backup wait list" (which is probably not a good place to be, given that Stanford's yield is high). So don't get your hopes up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

thanks monkey_business. I think we are about to hear news, just today (not very likely), tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. 

Penguin123--just curious, what are your options up to now? 

I got two emails from them awhile back telling applicants not to email them about the MS decisions as they are very busy, and if I recall correctly they said the decisions should be up around late March.

For what it's worth a student that I know was wait listed to their PhD program about two months ago and received an offer off the wait list in the past week or two. I think it's safe to assume that if you haven't heard anything, the best-case scenario is that you are on a "backup wait list" (which is probably not a good place to be, given that Stanford's yield is high). So don't get your hopes up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Biostat_prof - area you referring to Masters also being on a waitlist if you haven't heard from them? I have only seen decision results for their PhDs posting on this site so far, nothing for masters, could it be that they are still making decisions?

thanks monkey_business. I think we are about to hear news, just today (not very likely), tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. 

Penguin123--just curious, what are your options up to now? 

LittFox - I am sitting on masters from Berkeley, Columbia, and Cornell Operations Research. What about you? Any opinion on which I should go with?

LittFox - I am sitting on masters from Berkeley, Columbia, and Cornell Operations Research. What about you? Any opinion on which I should go with?

Penguin123--I am sitting on masters from Yale, Chicago, and Columbia. I don't really know about Cornell Operations Research but I guess it is a good program. I know Berkeley's stats program is pretty good and Columbia's program is kinda ill-reputed. I would say go for Stanford if it admits you, otherwise you might want to decide between Cornell and Berkeley.