Decisions for broke people: Fletcher MALD versus IHEID Geneva

I've been accepted into three programs:

Oxford IR MPhil - no money

IHEID Geneva IR/PS - CHF 9000

Fletcher MALD - USD 15k

My goal post-graduation is to at least be able to compete for a job with the U.S. government, but I'm also pretty poor right now.

Going for Fletcher would heap about 60k minimum in debt on me, while going for IHEID Geneva would be a much sounder financial choice (since their tution is CHF 2000 or so, compared to USD 38k for Fletcher). Oxford is off the table barring a late notification of some sort of award.

Would going abroad really kill my chances of coming back to the U.S. to work? I already did that for undergrad (LSE) and I feel like it set me back.

(P.S.: Still waiting for outside chance of Columbia QMSS and/or World History w/ LSE program).

I've been accepted into three programs:

Oxford IR MPhil - no money

IHEID Geneva IR/PS - CHF 9000

Fletcher MALD - USD 15k

My goal post-graduation is to at least be able to compete for a job with the U.S. government, but I'm also pretty poor right now.

Going for Fletcher would heap about 60k minimum in debt on me, while going for IHEID Geneva would be a much sounder financial choice (since their tution is CHF 2000 or so, compared to USD 38k for Fletcher). Oxford is off the table barring a late notification of some sort of award.

Would going abroad really kill my chances of coming back to the U.S. to work? I already did that for undergrad (LSE) and I feel like it set me back.

(P.S.: Still waiting for outside chance of Columbia QMSS and/or World History w/ LSE program).

I think of those three, Fletcher would definitely be the best option for someone seeking employment in US government. Alumni/contacts will be much better, and a Fletcher degree is much more of a known quantity. Plus the background check would be a hell of a lot easier...granted, I'm admittedly far from an expert in this and that's just my opinion, so maybe get in touch with the government agency you want to work for and ask them?