Unofficial acceptance?

I recently got an email from the Texas State Grad committee stating: 

"I am pleased to inform you that the Anthropology Graduate Applications Committee met and voted to recommend your acceptance & admittance to our MA program in Anthropology conditionally, based on your low GPA... 

...We would appreciate it if you would inform the graduate program coordinator, if you will accept or decline your position in our program by March 20, 2013...

...If you choose to accept our offer, we will forward our recommendation to Dean J. Michael Willoughby of the Graduate College, and he will officially admit you to the university and our program."

I asked for more time to make a decision and to hear from other programs which they said is fine, but my concern is that I have not been officially admitted to the program. When I check the website it still says "Application Status: Complete and ready for review." Is this normal? If I wait to hear from other programs is there a possibility that they will rescind the offer? They are one of my top choices, but they cannot offer any funding for the first year (because of my crappy undergrad GPA) and are nearly 2000 miles from home, plus I am still waiting to hear from two other programs...

I appreciate any advice!