Fordham IPED?

ertanner

Question for everyone who has heard from Fordham via snailmail: whereabouts geographically are you? I also applied to IPED but I haven't received anything yet. I'm in Toronto so maybe mail takes a little longer to Canada... *crosses fingers*

Question for everyone who has heard from Fordham via snailmail: whereabouts geographically are you? I also applied to IPED but I haven't received anything yet. I'm in Toronto so maybe mail takes a little longer to Canada... *crosses fingers*

I heard via email first on Mar 12 then the letter came via UPS last Mar 17. I am in Manila, Philippines.

Interesting. Distance and borders are likely not reasons for me not having heard anything yet, since both California and the Philippines are quite a ways further away from the Bronx than Toronto is!

I wonder if they just arbitrarily split the applicant list alphabetically. My last name starts with "W," so if that's the case then I am likely not going to be in the first wave as you all seem to be. I'll wait until Friday (going back to my apt on my lunch to check my mail... a little obsessive, I know!) and if I still don't get anything yet, I'll give them a call Friday afternoon.

Anybody actually considering accepting Fordham IPED? I'm not sure what to think of anything anymore... but I'm pretty fickle! :roll: I applied to the International Banking stream but somehow I don't think that's the best thing to study these days, in terms of job prospects upon graduation.

I'm still undecided (waiting to hear on all financials, etc), but am currently seriously considering IPED. For those who were wondering, I got an email acceptance on March 11th. However, I am still trying to find out more about the school. I'd like to hear from anyone who knows anything specific about the IPED program. Anyone currently in it or know anyone who is? How good is the program?

My cousin's husband is a grad of the IPED program, he's currently a financial analyst. I'll try to email him to ask about the program specifics but when he knew before that I was thinking of applying he encouraged me to do so. :)

I finally caved and called them today and they e-mailed me my letter that seems to have gotten lost in the mail. Onto the waitlist I go!

The more and more I think about it, I actually am starting to lean towards wanting to go to Fordham. My really good friend is transferring to Columbia, and their med school is like RIGHT beside the Bronx. Or maybe this is just a "wanting what I can't have" thing... heh. :roll:

Thoughts? Why or why don't you want to go to Fordham? I'm starting to like the idea of staying on the East Coast and focusing more on finance (I applied to the Int'l Banking stream).

Anyone who has been accepted to Fordham, and does not plan to go, kindly inform them your offer! I want off this damn waitlist! :lol: Ah, kidding. But I haaaaate waitlists. Its worse agony than not knowing.

Ertanner: I'm with you on that one!

However if you've gotten into Georgetown, that should hardly be leaving you wanting a whole lot more! What makes you find Fordham a good choice (besides just not wanting to be in limbo)?

Thank youuu from the IPED waitlisters! :)

They haven't told me anything about my position in the waitlist. I would expect it to be sort of long (not that I know anything about waitlists) because from what I understand, IPED is absolutely tiny, like a class of 30 or so.

Ertanner: I'm with you on that one!

However if you've gotten into Georgetown, that should hardly be leaving you wanting a whole lot more! What makes you find Fordham a good choice (besides just not wanting to be in limbo)?

I was accepted to Georgetowns Public Policy School - I applied there because I liked their development policy program, But I prefer Fordhams IPED program, I really just think I would enjoy more. Georgetown is a big name, but I mean, I liked Fordham's program better. Plus GPPI didn't offer me much in the way of funding, and its tuition is insane.

• 3 weeks later...

ertanner-

I'm curious what makes you like Fordham's program more than the other? I'm strongly considering their program, but I'm not able to visit and haven't been able to find much information or opinions about it online. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.