Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Take ok-funded program (still paying tuition) or reapply next year?


weymiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have been offered a position of about 1300 per month but I would still be paying in-state tuition and health insurance.  The research is not exactly what I would pick as a first choice and I would have to start in May.  I also have a potential offer from another school (my top choice), but the professor there is not sure of whether or not she will get funding yet.  She says she may have to delay the position under next spring or fall.  So, should I add another $20,000 to my student loans and leave my well-paying job or do I reapply again for next year and hope for a better offer?  I like for my top choice to extend an amazing offer, but at this late in the game I am doubtful.  I am freaking out about this decision and could use some advice.

 

Thanks!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If working another year would be fine with you, i would probably reapply. i know i'd be a much smarter applicant the 2nd time around with a better chance of getting into programs i like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.