University of South Carolina MSW...

MKM2011

Hello everyone!

I've definitely been lurking on these forums for a while (kind of shy hahaha), but recent paranoia has motivated me to see if anyone can answer my questions!!!! 

I applied to University of South Carolina, but since I live in Greenville I opted to apply for their part-time program that is offered in Greenville. I applied after their priority deadline, which now I'm finding out was a mistake. But all of this waiting has me freaked out! I do not think they do interviews....

From what I've seen around this forum is that waiting this long is apparently bad news-- is that true for applicants who applied for deadlines that ended in March? SC's deadline isn't until March 31st.... so I'm just confused and scared.

I got into another program in Georgia, and I have to make my decision soon. I don't know what to do. I also applied to a different program in Georgia, but have not heard anything from them either :-/ 

I worked my butt off in undergrad, like I gave my heart and soul to social work. Like all of my being hahaha. But seriously. 

Is there a tactful, acceptable way, to ask the programs when I should expect a decision? 

Help please :-( 

P.S- Some of you are just totally amazing! Congrats on all of your acceptances!!!!

I applied to South Carolina's program as well and still haven't heard back either! Which schools in Georgia did you apply to? I applied to UGA but have not heard back from them either.

Ahhhh I hate the wait!!

I applied to UGA last year, and didn't get in :/ but I think it was my GRE scores- because I graduated summa cum laude. Luckily, SC didn't need scores hahaha. I applied to GA State, & Kennesaw. Trying to stay near my family because I have special obligations to my parents for supporting me through my undergraduate, now they need me :D Otherwise I'd apply to bigger programs out of state.

AND THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME AHHH

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. Okay haha. My letter said Congratulations you've been accepted. But then it said "pending final approval and notification from the Graduate School". 

And my understanding is that it's just a finality... but now I'm starting to get paranoid. I called and she said it would be two weeks (so like, tomorrow will be 2 weeks from when the letter was dated)....

So NOW! I'm scared that the graduate school will deny me. rofl. My G.P.A was high enough to not to have to submit my gre scores, but did I have to submit them anyway for the graduate school? What did you do? Did you get the letter from the graduate school yet?! 

I wouldn't worry about it! I called a few days ago and they said they were still sending out admissions letters and things were kind of behind so our graduate school letters might take a little while.

I haven't gotten mine yet but I'm anxious to because I can't submit my stuff for financial aid until I get a student number or whatever ahhhh.

I wish this process wasn't so freaking long!

I know! I filled out my fasfa but it's incomplete since my official acceptance is still pending. lamelamelame 

I'm mailing my intent letter & fee because she said they like to know... and I've filled out everything else except my immunization. So I guess I'll wait to send the rest until after I get the graduate letter.

I can only imagine my heartbreak if the grad school denies me after being so excited that the College of SW accepted me. 

Did  you submit your gre scores even though your gpa was probably high enough?

Same that would suck ughhh. I'm sure it'll be fine :)

I didn't submit my GRE scores. Hopefully that doesn't make a difference ahhhh I hate waiting!

Have you tried calling the graduate school?

Not since a couple days ago. She still told me the two week thing. 

But! The good thing is - since we both didn't submit our gre scores that means the directions were clear enough, and I'm sure it will be fine. It just sucks because I need to tell my other schools something... rofl. It really can't be much longer.... I would hope. 

I may call and ask them what to tell my other schools, b/c I really  need to tell them something. My online status still says decision pending too. I really hope that they don't juke us out lol so unfair to send a letter then make us wait for another one. I feel like a dog with a bone!

FASFA just e-mailed me to tell me that my financial aid isn't yet complete because I'm not "fully admitted" yet. Website status still says "decision pending". Lol the excitement brought on by receiving the acceptance letter from the College of Social Work is really creating more fear and anxiety in waiting for the subsequent letter............. ugh talk about a headache

It's officially been three weeks. lol. If it takes them a MONTH to get back to me -.-  just to deny after accepting me I'm going to be sooo upset. I'm going to call today too hahahaha

So I don't know what this means. rofl but USC just sent me an e-mail from the office of financial aid stating that I had new "awards" for the 2013-2014 academic year. I couldn't find the same "holds" that said "not fully admitted to USC" that were there before. But my official application online still states "decision pending".

Just thought I'd update thus far, since I know you're as hungry for information as I am :)

Ugh. I think you can still create a VIP number or whatever though. I can log into it. The hold is no longer there but my application still says decision pending -.- 

IM SCARED rofl. like I'm so scared.