ASDL GeorgiaTech Recomended for admission...

beingBerlin

HI,

I have applied to the MS program in Aerospace Engineering at GeorgiaTech and I was informed by ASDL lab (when I asked them about it) that

"ASDL has already reviewed and accepted your application without funding. The School of AE is currently looking at your transcript, GRE, TOEFL, letters of recommendation and other supporting documents you submitted. As soon as they
okay Dr. Mavris' decision to accept you into ASDL, they will send you a formal offer via email and then regular mail.

I would say you should expect to hear from them within the next couple
weeks. I will send a follow up email to them asking about the status and let
you know as soon as I can.

"

I got this mail on Feb 18th, 2013 but I still haven't heard back from School of AE. I request all those who hae received admits or are still waiting to hear back from Gatech....what are my chances of getting in? Can we still get rejected after getting recommendation by the departments or Labs. The wait is really killing me?

Thanks

Hi,

I think that the department will most likely accept you if the lab has already accepted your application.

I've been accepted to the ASDL and plan to attend in the Fall.
However, I got a call from Dr. Mavris for a short interview, as well as a direct acceptance with funding.
I never heard anything about having the School of AE review my application. It was pretty much streamline after his call.

Are you still considering the lab without funding?

Hi arkansawesome

Thank you so much for your reply. Congrats for the admit and your Profile must be really good for you to get a direct call from Dr. Mavris. The lab mentioned that currently they do not have funding and so they have currently accepted the application without funding .

When did you get admit to ASDL and how were you informed (I was informed my Ms. Allison Hill). Have you received the official Admit from the University and when did you get that (before or after the lab confirmed and how many days later) . Were you offered RA or TA.

I also tried contacting Dr. Mavris via Mail (a few days back) but am still waiting to hear back from him.It would be difficult for me to attend it without funding but Let's hope for the best.

Also could you ket me know more about your profile so that I can compare it and

Thanks

Spidey6600

I was given the acceptance from Dr. Mavris by phone around the first weekend of February.
After a few days, I got an email from the AE department with the official admit.

I've been offered an RA, I think anyone that gets funding is given the RA since his lab has so much industrial research.
I'll be graduating with 2 degrees, BS in Mechanical Engineering and BS in Physics.Top 10% of class.
I've done undergraduate research at my home school, University of Iowa, and Purdue University.
Also have had my fair share of student organization leadership positions and design projects.

What are your stats like?

Hey,

I have done my BTech in Mech  and my GPA is 3.3. I also have authored 4 publications ( Journal of Aircraft, Aeronautical Journal, Energy Elsevier and ASME, IMECE) dealing with work on Blended wing body aircraft design, synthetic jet actuators. What abt your test scores, mine are (GRE 317/340 : 148 V/ 169 Q   TOEFL: 109/120)

What was your interview with Dr. Mavris about? Any idea how many people they are admitting this year at ASDL? Whay is it taking so long in my case for the department to respond (almost 5 weeks over). 

Any advise as to how I can proceed or what can I do ?

Thanks