Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Negotiating Offers


wontons
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was recently accepted to two of my top choice schools and decided to choose school A over school B.  I wrote school B an email to thank them for everything and they wrote back saying that they regret my decision and are offering me a scholarship to cover more than half of tuition if I decide to go there instead.  Having that much less debt is a huge draw, but I have already accepted school A's offer and the reasons I was more drawn to school A are still there, so would it be distasteful and immoral to tell school A about school B's offer and ask school A what else they can do to help me out financially?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is a tough decision there and I do dislike how universities wait for rejections before they up their offers.

 

Be accepting, have you signed any documentation, or was it just a confirming mail?  I know many people who have changed universities after sending a confirming mail. But do make sure you do it asap.

 

Debt is a really big factor in any decision you make, so I would suggest that you use B's offer as leverage. There is nothing unethical about it, and given that universities do similar with students (as B did in your case), it is certainly worth a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.