MDiv to MTS

religioustiger

Is it possible to change degree programs (from the MDiv to the MTS) from within any given institution? For instance, if I applied for a MDiv at X school can I change my degree path (within reason) upon entering the program?

This is a frequent, and rather easy thing to do at Vanderbilt, I know. Naturally, it becomes increasingly difficult to do this if you spend your coursework meeting requirements for one program in a way that doesn't accomplish the requirements for the other. Because MTS and MDiv have as much overlap as they do, this often isn't an issue, certainly within the first year.

Suggestion: as unfun as it might be, for your first semester, restrain yourself from the super fun electives you've been dying to take and focus on the required courses that work for both programs you're considering. You'll make the most of those electives later on,  keep your options open, and you'll build better camaraderie with your cohort taking those common classes to start. This last piece shouldn't be underestimated.