Hello folks!

A request for help. For a variety of reasons, I find myself deciding between University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Boston College when, before, I wasn't really considering going to UIUC. I didn't have the opportunity to go to the visiting day because I was on another one at the time, and I certainly can't take off more time to work between now and April 15 to visit. So, to people who know the program/visited, can I ask your help? I've learned a fair amount from emails with students and professors, but how was the visiting day? What was the feeling you got from the program? A friendly, not too-big feeling program is really important to me, so it worries me that I might accept there and be unpleasantly surprised in some way! Really, any information would be super helpful and greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like posting a response. Thank you!