Required Hours to Graduate

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew why the required hours to graduate differs between some of the programs? I'm trying to decide between a program that only requires 51 hours total compared to one that requires 61 hours. Does the difference in hours matter at all if the programs are both certified and everything? Thanks so much!!

One might be more intense than the other. Are both programs completed after 2 years or is one 2.5 years long?

Well, one of them consists of 4 semesters and 1 summer session and the other one is six semesters long. I'd really rather go to the one that is only 4 semesters and a summer, I just wasn't sure if the hours would make a difference in getting a job later. 

How many semester credits are the internships? Some programs give 3 credits for an internship while some rip you off and credit you 12 credits for the same internship. I had the same problem come up with me and the only difference I could really find in the curriculum was the number of credits for the internships. 

I really don't think employers give a hoot about how many credit hours your university required of you. All they care about is your license to work, and your character.

Haha ok good that makes me feel better! I'd much rather attend the 2.5 year one because I love the program and all the professors! Thanks for all yalls input!!