SAIS vs SIPA vs GPPI

Hi all,

I've been fortunate enough to be admitted into several programs for MPP/MPA. As of now, my top choices are Columbia SIPA, Johns Hopkins SAIS (Bologna 1st year, DC 2nd), and Georgetown PPI ($20K scholarship). I'll be visiting their open houses next week, but I'd also like to get more opinions on these programs here. I'm primarily interested in International Affairs/Economics, possibly with a specific focus on Development Economics. 

Thank you!

Same problem here. Got into GPPI with 20K/year and SAIS nothing, (and Chicago Harris). I'd like to work for international organizations such as WB, IMF, UN in the future. Do not know which one to choose. Hope to get some insights. Thank you!!!

Same here. Did some research, since well we gotta decide soon. They did have a recent alumni networking event with the World Bank in March. Exclusive too. I just wonder how much of an international focus I can get out of it, especially in trade

Oh, are you going to the open house this Friday? That's the one I'm attending, if you hear someone ask about world bank or IMF during career services section, that's probably me haha. Ugh even though I'm haven't decided yet, so mad they got that networking event, I wish I could have went to it T_T....

Ill be honest, I am leaning about LBJ due to fit, but between GPPI and sais, when the first one gave money I definetly like the first one more. Are you at the open house now as well, hehehe, I have already met two gradcafe usuals, aparently im transparent as they recognized me!!!

Isn't the open house for GPPI on Friday? Unless you're talking about SAIS. I'm not at that open house. You'd be hearing a lot of questions about career and networking to WB, IMF, or WTO otherwise.

Likewise interested in multilaterals like the WB and international development in general.

After attending the SAIS and SIPA open houses in the past two days, I'm leaning towards SAIS (Bologna). Though SIPA's EPD concentration and capstone projects sounded amazing, SAIS's placements were a much better fit for me and it's hard to pass up a year in Italy.

Such a difficult choice. And the more I'm reading about Georgetown's MSFS the more I realized I applied to the wrong program at Gtown.