Statistics : Yale, U of Chicago, Michigan Ann Arbor

I have been admitted to the following programs:

U of Chicago -- Statistics

Yale -- Statistics

Michigan Ann Arbor

It seems that Statistics in Chicago is ranked 6th, Yale is ranked 33rd and Michigan is ranked 12th in USnews. However, I have heard that Yale has some great faculty. Also, most of the Alumni of Yale have ended up in Top 5 universities ( either to be a Post-Doc or Assistant professor ). I don't really know which one to go !!! Please let me know if you have any suggestions !!!

Many Thanks !

Do you know what kind of research you're interested in? Unfortunately Yale has a very very small department, so if you don't work with the few faculty there who have good records of placement or aren't interested in the work that they're doing then you really shouldn't go there. Uchicago has tons of faculty and I'm sure all kinds of interests are represented there. I'd go with Chicago in your case unless you already know that you want to work with a specific faculty member at Yale or Michigan.

Also, is this for a Masters or PhD?

Edited by kimolas

Thanks. Actually there are a couple of people in Yale that I like their works. My main concern is academic reputation of these programs... I intend to choose an academic career after graduation. So which one provide me with higher chance of landing in good academic positions after graduation? All are PhD Thanks !

Thanks. Actually there are a couple of people in Yale that I like their works. My main concern is academic reputation of these programs... I intend to choose an academic career after graduation. So which one provide me with higher chance of landing in good academic positions after graduation? All are PhD Thanks !

Chicago. Tough to know for sure but I think only Stanford and Berkeley place more students in top Stats departments. Chicago's a very theoretically rigorous department which is very good for placement in academia.