Still haven't heard from school- What does that mean?

hannah-h

Hi everyone,

I applied for the doctoral program in criminal justice at John Jay College in January but still haven't heard anything.

Does that mean that I have most likely been rejected?

Hannah

It's up in the air, really. I didn't receive my admissions decision (acceptance) until today, in the mail. If you're very concerned, call the department and tell them that you haven't heard anything, and when you should expect to get a decision. That's what I did for this last decision and the secretary was very nice about it. Good luck!!

Honestly, it's difficult to say. In some cases it might mean you're doing very well and have made the final list, at least. In others, it means you've been rejected but the admission committee is just super slow in notifying you. Some schools will call you to have an interview before they actually accept you, so if you get a call : you know you've made the short-list.

Best of luck,

I had a school that waited until the last minute  to contact me.  I had applied for spring admission and two days before winter break, I still hadn't heard from them (even though I had contacted two of the profs a few days before).  I had to call the director of graduate studies.  It turned out that they were so delayed because they were trying to make room for me in the program (spring admission can be tricky in that way).  But, ultimately (no matter how much they reconfigured) they couldn't slide me in.  So, you're probably a final list person, like Mikkar said.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use