Application status 'compelete awaiting decision'...Any hope left?

gunjrita

I applied to University of Toledo PhD Biomed Science program. The status of my application has been 'complete awaiting decision' since 11th jan. This is the only program I applied to. I called Thursday, April 4th and was told that my application is with department but no decision has been taken yet regarding my application. If I don't hear back by 15th April, would that automatically mean wait listed / rejection or can grad programs take decisions after 15th April too? Also, I understand some programs fill few spots after 15th April. Till when shall I wait for a program starting this fall before assuming rejection?

Since this is the only program you applied to, I would just wait to see what happens.  You can look at the results search to see if anyone has heard from the University of Toledo to get an idea if they have accepted anyone yet.  If they wait until after the 15th that can mean either waitlisting or rejection.  It would be very unusual for them to make the first round offers after April 15th because many students will have already had to decide on other offers at that point.  If you are on a waitlist, you may be offered a spot after April 15th, but there is no way to know for sure if the department won't give more details. 

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use