Duke!!!

franglais

Bonjour tout le monde!

I'll be attending Duke in fall 2009, starting the PhD program in Romance Studies. I'm originally from Maine, went to college in New Hampshire, and I've been living in France the past year, so I'd love to meet other people headed to North Carolina... undiscovered territory for me!

I will be attending Duke this fall in the Molecular Genetics and Microbiology program. I may start a summer rotation and be out there soon. Greetings to all.

Hi,

Headed for Duke this fall for a Phd in English. Pretty excited. I visited Durham and hated the place. Dreary and too many churches! Anyway, My boyfriend and I think we would do Chapel Hill instead: the usual college town scene. What's up with you peeps?

I'll be living in Durham in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment/small house with another single, female Duke grad student I met while living in France. We're still shopping around for a place. I won't have a car (just a bike!) at least for the first year, so I'm looking for something fairly close to campus.

I agree though... the vibe in Chapel Hill is way cooler than in Durham. However, I'm sure there will be lots of grad students hanging out in both towns. I'm looking forward to it!

Duke senior here. I wish I could have several more years here, so I'm definitely jealous of you guys!

I won't have a car (just a bike!) at least for the first year, so I'm looking for something fairly close to campus.

I wouldn't rule out Chapel Hill, even without a car. The Robertson bus provides great transportation between Durham/Chapel Hill, although I have to admit that it isn't that great on the weekends.

http://www.robertsonscholars.org/index. ... &source=68

The Chapel Hill bus system is free, so it's very easy to get around town. :)

Welcome to Duke! I am current grad in the sciences.

As others said, I would not come without a car. At least you or your roommate should have a car, since it is impossible to get by without one. I would also try to live further out from campus, since the areas around campus can be unsafe at night. The Belmont is a popular place for international grads living right next to campus, but it is fairly expensive.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use