Question about acceptance rates

YokedBrah

Can anyone provide me with the acceptance rates for the following electrical engineering programs:

U-Mich PhD

Stanford MS

UIUC MS

Thanks in advance. So far I've been able to find that U-Mich may be 25%

That's definitely wrong. UMich is pretty competitive. I'd put it closer to 10%. UIUC MS has an acceptance rate of 15%. As far as Stanford goes, it seems like they offer most Ph.D. rejects an MS. I'd say it's around 10% for those who applied directly to MS.

That's definitely wrong. UMich is pretty competitive. I'd put it closer to 10%. UIUC MS has an acceptance rate of 15%. As far as Stanford goes, it seems like they offer most Ph.D. rejects an MS. I'd say it's around 10% for those who applied directly to MS.

Thanks for the response.

I did just find this data on the U-Mich website, however stating that their overall graduate acceptance rate is 25%. Since most of their engineering programs are ranked highly, doesn't that seem odd that ECE would have an acceptance of only 10%?

http://www.engin.umich.edu/about/facts.html

(At the very bottom of the page)

Edited by YokedBrah

It's likely that the statistics shown there include those rejected from Ph.D. but offered unfunded MS as well as those who applied to MS only. Remember Ph.D. is much more competitive. It may not be as low as 10%, but I wouldn't place it higher than 15%.

UT Austin had a 10% acceptance rate in my track, and Prince ton's was 12%. UIUC has a 15% rate for MS and 7% for Ph.D. (if applying w/ MS) UMich's acceptance rate has got to be comparable.

Edited by tarrman