Any other SIPA waitlisters?

lemony

Just wondering if anyone's received word on when we can potentially expect an update. A little afraid to call the Admissions office, since their letter was very adamant about not contacting them. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone's received word on when we can potentially expect an update. A little afraid to call the Admissions office, since their letter was very adamant about not contacting them. Thanks!

Turning down SIPA now to accept a place at SAIS! hope my spot goes to someone else asap and good luck!

I'm waitlisted at SIPA but I've already accepted the offer from SAIS. SIPA was in my top three (alongside Fletcher and SAIS) and I was excited about the prospect of living in NYC (and the program is great as well, it has a weirdly negative reputation here), but I'm very happy with my admission season even though SIPA basically said no.

I feel as though with the rate that people are declining, most people on the wait list are bound to get in. 

What "rate" are you talking about? Just as many are accepting as are declining, the same as other programs. Yields for public policy programs are also so unpredictable that it's silly to say "most people on the waitlist are bound to get in."

What "rate" are you talking about? Just as many are accepting as are declining, the same as other programs. Yields for public policy programs are also so unpredictable that it's silly to say "most people on the waitlist are bound to get in."

I meant it colloquially and based on what I'm seeing on the board. It seems way more people are passing up SIPA for other programs. It's true that we don't know how many people are on the wait list. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough/misled anyone, just a trivial attempt at encouraging optimism.

Thanks for the input and support everyone. Hopefully they begin crunching class yield numbers and giving some waitlist news soon.

Edited by lemony

I meant it colloquially and based on what I'm seeing on the board. It seems way more people are passing up SIPA for other programs. It's true that we don't know how many people are on the wait list. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough/misled anyone, just a trivial attempt at encouraging optimism.

I don't think that's true even on this forum which often seems like the Church of SAIS, so it just seemed like another pointless jab at SIPA.  :rolleyes:

I'd be very hesitant to use this message board as a true sample size for the incoming Fall 2013 IA class.

I'd be very hesitant to use this message board as a true sample size for the incoming Fall 2013 IA class.

Completely agree with you, Kadisha. I only started this thread to see if any other people on the waitlist had received notifications. At this point I'm not really looking to try and guesstimate how many waitlisters will get accepted since it's probably very counterproductive!

Completely agree with you, Kadisha. I only started this thread to see if any other people on the waitlist had received notifications. At this point I'm not really looking to try and guesstimate how many waitlisters will get accepted since it's probably very counterproductive!

Nothing wrong with that. Good luck with getting accepted.