Free Applications?

bar_scene_gambler

Loyola Chicago doesn't charge if you apply online. The University of Chicago, Columbia, and I think Boston College, among others, offer fee waivers if you are low-income. The schools in this website issue fee waivers if you qualify: http://www.cic.net/students/freeapp/introduction. I got my app fees waived by some of the schools but others did not even reply to my requests.

Interesting. I know many schools offer fee waivers, but that's a bit tricky for me, because my father works at the school I go to, so I don't pay tuition, but I don't technically receive financial aid either. So the CIC's FreeApp is worth it then?

Yeah, I mean if you qualify it can excuse you from paying for several applications. If I remember correctly, I received waivers from Northwestern and the University of Chicago through the CIC and waived Columbia and Boston College through their own programs. The CIC application is pretty simple to complete and I think you just email the person at each school you are applying ( those that are members of the CIC) and let them know you filed for a fee waiver. I think you have to be below a certain income or have some other 'unrepresented status' like being a minority, the first in your family to go to college, and the like.

• 3 months later...

It's a $75 application fee. But if you're looking at continental philosophy, why are you applying to MIT? That's probably one of the worst places you could go if you're interested in Nietzsche and continental thought (I assume that you still are of course)

I am but I'm equally interested in ethics so I'm applying to a mix. And if MIT were free then why not; I'd go to a top ten department no matter what they wanted to teach me lol. But since it's 75 I won't apply (hopefully that frees up a space for someone else to get in, LOL)