Applying to online MPH programs...

JLorenzo

Hi all - New to the boards and so happy to have found you all!

I received my undergrad degree from the university of Phoenix (online). I enjoyed the online environment, especially with two kids at home and a full time job. Anyway, I have narrowed by choices to Des Moines University and the University of S. Florida online MPH programs.

The requirements for both are a 3.0 GPA, relevant work experience and a few references. My GPA was only a 2.2 at the juco level, but a 3.76 at Phoenix. I think my GPA will equal out to about a 3.0 overall and in this economy, who wouldn't want my money!?

Question: I stink at math. I took some lower level courses at juco where I was able to pass (not on the first attempt) with C's. I did complete two courses at the UoP entitled College Mathematics I and II. USF says I need college algebra as a prequesite. Both of these courses were algebra intensive but I am worried that these aren't the exact same courses as the USF wants. Does anyone know if they are?

Again, thanks in advance. It is nice to find peers somewhere!

-Josh

Question: I stink at math. I took some lower level courses at juco where I was able to pass (not on the first attempt) with C's. I did complete two courses at the UoP entitled College Mathematics I and II. USF says I need college algebra as a prequesite. Both of these courses were algebra intensive but I am worried that these aren't the exact same courses as the USF wants. Does anyone know if they are?

Welcome to the board Josh. I think the answer to your question would be best posed to the graduate office at USF. Only they would be able to give you the final answer. They would likely ask for a copy of the syllabus to make that determination.